This Cheetah photograph, taken as the sleek cat pauses briefly and turns its head, illustrates many of the cheetah’s characteristic or distinguishing features.
- A member of the cat family, the cheetah (Acinonyx jubatus) is uncompromisingly built for speed
- It is lightly built (compared to leopard or lion), with long, slender legs. The back thighs are powerful and muscular
- The feet are small, with claws unsheathed for better grip while running
- The head is small with large nostrils for sucking in oxygen, while the chest is relatively broad in relation to rest of the body
- The tail is long for helping with balance while running at speed; the bottom section of the tail is ringed in black and white, ending in a white tip.
For more about cheetah, see Cheetah Information
Your opinion is important and I'd love you to vote on this post by giving it a thumbs up or thumbs down. And, if you feel it deserves a thumbs up, then please consider "Liking" it or hitting the Google +1 button. Please also feel free to ask questions or add comments below.