Call for Jaw-Dropping Animal Images
The Zoological Society of London (ZSL) has launched a new animal photography competition, The ZSL Animal Photography Prize 2012.
There is a generous £10,000 prize money up for grabs, but entrants will need to submit extraordinary photos to stand a chance of winning.
The competition announcement says “we are looking for more than a pretty picture. We want images that take your breath away – just like real animals do – and challenge people’s perceptions of wildlife and our relationship with it.”
Deadline for submission of entries, in any of seven categories, is 30 June 2012. The full list of categories is:
1. The Perfect Moment – When you capture that stunning shot
2. Last Chance to See – Endangered species in a threatened world
3. Size Matters – From massive to microscopic
4. Weird and wonderful – Unusual animals, situations or photos
5. Birds and the Bees – From birds in flight to love at first sight
6. The Human Animal – What makes us animals?
7. Mobile Magic – Photos caught on the go captured on any mobile device
In addition to the Adult’s competition, there is also a Young Person’s section, open to those under 18 years of age on 30 June 2012.
All finalists will be required to provide a high resolution digital file of their chosen image and may be also asked to provide an original unedited digital file.
On 3 September 2012 the winning photographs from all categories will be on show at an exclusive outdoor exhibition at ZSL London Zoo.
Your opinion is important and I'd love you to vote on this post by giving it a thumbs up or thumbs down. And, if you feel it deserves a thumbs up, then please consider "Liking" it or hitting the Google +1 button. Please also feel free to ask questions or add comments below.